Friday, April 30, 2010

Welcome to our new home

So we changed the website address to a blog; we hope that this will be easier to keep up with, but no promises.  To start how about some pictures of Nico since we haven't posted any in so long.


Nico loves firetrucks!  He usually gets a hat from the firefighters whenever we see a truck.


Being silly wearing the hat and sweater Aunt Jessica had made for him for his 1st birthday.  This is by far the only outfit that has ever been true to size for him.


He was playing in his bouncy house.  I swear I've seen this face before...


Yup- that's the one.

Nico is doing really well.  He is going through a negotiation stage right now.  The other day I asked him if he was trying to argue with me over something he had been told not to do and his response was "I'm just talking here."  I have a witness!  I can't believe some of the things that come out of his mouth.  It is just hilarious. 

Developmentally he is doing great.  He rides his bike so well we decided to lift up the training wheels and monitor how he does so we can decide when to take them off.  He was getting so confident that he started to take his hands off the handle bars or to stand up while riding.  I figure if he's going to do that then he doesn't need training wheels.  Hopefully this slows him down some.

He LOVES the concept of his little brother.  Hopefully he's just as excited when the baby gets here.  He plays with the baby and tries to pick him up and likes to teach him things which is a little weird since he's doing all of this to my pregnant belly, but at least he's happy.

We measured him at home the other day and he is just over 38 inches tall, approximately 37 lbs.  He wears a size 10.5 shoe, 3-4T shirts and 3-4T pants.  They say that if you double a 2 year old's height that should be approximately their adult height.  At his 2 year well check he was 36.75" which would make him about 6'1.5".  I guess only time will tell.  Regardless I'm certain I'll spend more of my life looking up at him than I ever will looking down. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Danette, you look so great! Pregnancy really suits you well! And, you are so close to being done... I can't wait to hear when your little guy has arrived.
Nico is so cute! We miss seeing you guys and having playdates. Nico is growing up too fast. What a cutie!
Caleb is doing well... he is overall healthy and so happy. He is about the same height as Nico, but barely wears a 2T! He just hit the 30lb mark! It was a huge accomplishment :)
Hope you are feeling as well as possible at this point and I'm sure you're just so anxious for this little boy to be born. I hope he is a better sleeper for you than Nico was!!!
Keep us posted, Amy (Mike and Caleb)

I heart N-Y-C said...

Thank you so much! I am definitely ready for this baby to get here. He's getting heavy and it's getting too hot breathe out here! (I'm still not selling you on Texas am I?)
I can't believe how fast the boys have grown up. I definitely think about the last pregnancy a lot these days- can you believe that was over two years ago!!!
Take care and we'll let you know as soon as the baby gets here.
Danette (Dale and Nico)

Annie Annie said...

We're really pleased for you guys! Nico looks perpetually happy and that's our big thing over here...focusing on happiness...it's so important.

Thank you for adding for sending us the blog site. I'm still so amazed how much Nico looks like Dale when he was the same age!

Lots of love to all of you, Annie and Simon (Cap/Reed in England)