Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The simple life

It's so easy to forget how simple life truly is.  I love the fact that Nico has such an active imagination.  I'd like to think it's because we really don't let him watch that much tv or because we read a lot of books.  Or maybe it's just because he is so creative that really we can't take credit for it.  Whatever the reason the result is that his imagination really forces me to use mine and together I think we come up with some pretty neat stuff. 
Today Nico and I made an airplane.  We painted it together and even brainstormed on ways to make it better- I had originally designed the wings so that he wore them on his arms, but he decided that he wanted to hold onto the strings so we moved them onto the body of the plane.  It was fun making it, but I think Nico's already over it.  Oh well, tomorrow's a new day.

Mid-flight

Headed up to the sky!

Coming in for a landing.

Silly boy!  He was actually chasing me here; he kept trying to crash into me.

Here are some other photos of what the boys have been up to:

Nico pulled out his paints and poured them in the tray all by himself.  He did such a great job!

He loves painting.

A little too much.  I had asked him not to paint because I hadn't washed his tray yet, but he really wanted to so he poured the paint, but didn't have a tray which is how it wound up everywhere.

Yuri is scooting already.  We are big fans of tummy time, but Yuri really just likes to nap.  He is so strong already though that he can roll himself almost to his side and he can scoot himself forward.  He was in the middle of the blanket when he was laid down.

Nico and his best friend from down the street.  She is a year older, but she likes to play with him and he just LOVES her.

He's escorting her home.  It makes me sad to see them play sometimes because I know that one day he'll grow up and some little girl will break his heart and it breaks my heart just to think of it.  Of course Dale reminds me that he'll probably break some little girl's heart all the same, but I'm sure she'll deserve it... haha.

No comments: